John Deere 4940 Self-Propelled Sprayer
“S.M.A.R.T.” has a whole new meaning at John Deere.
It stands for “Spray More Acres in Reduced Time.”
As our smartest, biggest, most productive sprayer ever,
the all-new 4940 makes it possible.
With a 120-foot boom with more independently controlled
sections than ever before, this three-season sprayer is loaded
with fully integrated solutions and technology such as JDLink™
and the new GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display for the most advanced
system control and documentation.
The new 4940 comes Direct Injection Ready for quicker loading
and easier crop changeover. Inside, there’s a powerful 9.0L.
340-hp iT4 PowerTech™ Plus turbocharged engine and a
155 U.S.-gallon fuel tank. Plus a 1,200 U.S.-gallon spray tank
you can fill as fast as three minutes. No wonder the 4940 is the
Model: 4940 Self-Propelled Sprayer 2011
Max speed: 50 km/h
Price: USD $195.000
Power: 340 hp
Displacement: 9.0 L 549 cu in
Drive: Full-time 4WD
Fuel tank capacity: 587 L 155 gal
Tank Capacity: 4542 L 1200 gal
Boom: 120 ft
Spray speed range: 0-32 km/h 0-20 mph
- 120-ft boom
- StarFire 3000 option
- 10 different tire combinations
- 4-wheel independent dynamic suspension
- Entrance animation: Ladder and Steering Wheel
- Joystick animation: Forward, Neutral/Park and Reverse
- Monitors with realistic animations: Speed, hours, hectares worked, etc.
- Support for Drybox and 120-ft boom coupling
- Direct Injecton option (120-ft boom)
- Load Command System option (120-ft boom)
- Open door
- Realistic starting animations
- GreenStar 3 Monitor with Spray Star and Spread Star
- Tires RowCrop
- Tires LSW
- Fenders options
- Beacon options
- Support to the Manure System for resilient loading
- Realistic lights
- Realistic prices
- Removed a "Section Control" bug that did not spray on all sections
- Side lights work
- Section Constrol working on the PC version.
- Improved external lights
- Improvements to the sprayer support, which had problems when the 4940 had dual wheels.